This week’s Thirst Thursday with Cater.com features a southern cocktail staple – Kentucky bourbon! Who doesn’t love a good reason to drink this deliciously smooth bourbon? Keep reading for some fun facts about the American favorite that every bourbon lover should know!
- There are more barrels of bourbon in Kentucky than people, and 95% of the world’s bourbon is made in the state of Kentucky.
- Congress named bourbon as America’s only native spirit – it has to be made in the United States to be considered bourbon.
- There are strict rules on how bourbon is made – nothing but water can be added to the distilling process and it must be aged for at least two years in a brand-new, charred white oak barrel. If any of these rules are broken, it can’t legally be labeled as bourbon.
Now that we have you in the mood for some bourbon, try our Thirsty Thursday recipe, Sweet Maple Leaf!
- 1.25 oz. bourbon
- 3 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. maple syrup
- Muddled rosemary
- Lemon slice and rosemary sprig for garnish
- Shake ingredients and pour into a rocks glass filled with ice, garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of rosemary. Cheers!